What is a personal injury?
A personal injury may be physical (head and brain injuries, broken bones, burns, cuts and lacerations, internal injuries, etc.); they may also be psychological (emotional distress, mental anguish, PTSD, etc.). Personal injuries may be complex, they can be compounded by other injuries, and are frequently long-lasting (or even permanent).
An injured person may bring a lawsuit to recover compensation for their injuries. If another individual, business, or entity caused the injury through carelessness or recklessness, the injured person may be able to hold the responsible party financially liable.
What causes a personal injury?
A person can get injured in many situations. Common personal injury situations include:
- Vehicle accidents, including car accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, bike accidents, boat accidents, and motorcycle accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Accidents caused by unsafe property conditions
- Medical malpractice, where a patient becomes injured or dies due to a provider’s mistake
- Accidents caused by defective products, including prescription drugs
Meet Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Spartanburg, SC
Our team of personal injury lawyers is here to help you recover all damages to which you are entitled. Contact us to schedule a free consultation.