Traffic Violation Lawyer Spartanburg, SC
If you have been charged with speeding in Upstate South Carolina, speak with a lawyer before you admit guilt and pay the ticket. An experienced attorney from KD Trial Lawyers can meet with you to explain:
- Your legal rights and options
- The impact of a traffic offense on your driving record
- The effect of a traffic violation on your auto insurance rates
We don’t want you to make a hasty decision that could cost you down the road. We want you to seek the best possible outcome in your case.
Our criminal defense team handles speeding ticket cases throughout Spartanburg, Greenville and surrounding areas of Upstate South Carolina. We work with local and out-of-state drivers as well as commercial driver’s license (CDL) holders.
Your Rights and Options When Charged with Speeding in South Carolina
If you are charged with a speeding offense in South Carolina, you will receive a Uniform Traffic Ticket. This ticket contains important information, including:
- The charged offense (including whether you were charged with exceeding the posted speed limit or driving too fast for conditions)
- Court appearance date
- Court that will decide your case
Speeding is a misdemeanor offense in South Carolina. Do not ignore your speeding ticket and allow it to become a major problem. If you fail to appear in court, you could be charged with a misdemeanor, fined up to $500 and jailed for up to 30 days.
Instead, exercise your right to be represented by an attorney who can help you by:
- Seeking a reduction of the charge – For instance, if you were charged with going 25 mph or more above the posted speed limit, your lawyer can seek a reduction to a lesser charge that keeps you from compiling driver’s license points and seeing your insurance rates go up).
- Enrollment in the Traffic Education Program (TEP) – This one-time option may be available if you have four points or less on your driving record. It involves a combination of driving school and community service. An attorney can work with the local solicitor’s office to explore this option.
- Challenging your charge in court– Your attorney may find weaknesses in the officer’s case. For instance, the radar gun that “clocked” your speed may have been defective. The lawyer may present evidence that casts a reasonable doubt on your guilt.
The outcome will depend on the unique facts of your case. However, none of these options will be available if you simply pay the ticket.
Contact us and get started now.
Ready to take the next step? Fill out the short form below to get your consultation started. We will review your information and will be in touch shortly.
Understanding Parole and Parole Violations
Do I Need a Lawyer If I Was Arrested with Delta 8, 9, or 10?
Can the Police Search my Car?
Can the Police Search my Cell Phone?
What Happens if I am in College and Just Got Arrested?
I Was Charged with Domestic Violence: Do I Need A Lawyer?
KD Trial Lawyers Welcomes New Criminal Defense Attorney, Jennifer E. Wells
Traffic Tickets: The Good, The Bad, and The UglyAttorney Steve Denton, Criminal, Steve Denton; Attorney Steve Denton; Upstate Law Firm, traffic ticket
My uncle is special needs and was severely injures in two car accidents one resulting in severe damage to his body almost resulting in death. Luckily a friend recommended Tom Killoren and he was amazing.- Hannah B.
I cannot begin to share in words what the KD law firm has done for me, after spending most of my life protecting others, I ...- Christopher M.
In 2019, a friend recommended Wes Kissinger as an Attorney to represent me after I had been attacked by 5 dogs. Once I met with them, they immediately began working on my case.
I feel so blessed to have been represented by Attorney Kissinger.- Barbara L.
I wouldn’t go to any other attorney in the Upstate. Allison is exceptionally responsive, and I appreciate that she always answers questions personally and thoroughly.- Derek L.
Steve Denton is wonderful! He is very honest and efficient! Very easy to get an appointment with and a call back from! He doesn’t sugarcoat reality and I truly feel he cares about your situation.- Lexa M.
Throughout the process, he didn’t make it feel like business – he made it feel like family. Jeremy is professional and personable, and he made me feel comfortable.- James B.
We respect Ryan McCarty for his courtesy and knowledge; he is easy to talk to yet still very professional. I would recommend him without any misgivings.- Sue M.
They truly treat you like family. He was able to get me more money than I thought I would get in my settlement.- Matthew M.